Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Journal Day #11

Journal Day #11 - Room for Improvement
Prompt:  Sometimes it can be hard to hear criticism from others.  I know for me it's something I may always struggle with-being a people pleaser, etc.  At the same time though, constructive criticism can be very helpful, and allow us to look at ourselves in a new light and maybe even grow and change.  Take a step out of yourself.  If you were on the outside looking in, how would you critique yourself?  What things do you see that could change or work on?  This isn't about tearing ourselves down; it's about really looking at ourselves and seeing where there's room for growth.

I would tell myself I need to be more patient.  Especially at work.  I get in such a big hurry, or I get sucked into a project and I am less patient and helpful with people calling in looking for help.  I get so wrapped up in how busy and overwhelmed I am that I am quick to dump people into voice mail.  I used to talk to people, and let them do their initial emotional dump with me before speaking with an attorney.  I need to tap back into some of that compassion, and be willing to give people a minute or two of my time.  When I first started in this field of work, I was told I was too nice.  Now I think I'm leaning towards the other extreme (not that I've been told I'm too mean-at least not yet).

Thank you for the prompt Sometimes Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment