Sunday, March 16, 2014

Journal Day #3

Journal Day #3 - Hindsight
Prompt:  They say hindsight is 20/20, and with good reason-looking back at something always give us a better view.  We're often able to really see how our choices and decisions then shaped our today, and examine what we would have done differently given the chance.  When looking back though, we often look way back, but for this exercise stay a little closer to present time and look back just 12 months.  If you could go back just one year, what would you tell yourself?  What advice would you offer about everything you've experienced?

I would tell myself to keep dancing to my own drum.  I try to live my life with no regrets.  When I have to make a decision I try to take the people around me (husband, family, co-workers) into consideration.  How will the choice I make impact them, and me?  Will I be able to live with my choice?  So maybe I end up playing it safe.  I've never been a big risk taker, and I'm okay with that.  I'm happy with my life and where I am today.

I would encourage myself to keep doing those things that are good for me; keep walking with my husband, keep eating better, don't let family contact fade away, and keep writing.  I'd remind myself family is import and, and taking care of myself is too.  No regrets.

Thank you for the prompt Sometimes Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment