Thursday, March 27, 2014

Journal Day #6

Journal Day #6 - Motivation
Prompt:  Everyone has different things that keep them going.  Sometimes it's the people around us, other times it might be what's waiting for us on the other side of hard work.  Whatever it may be, there's usually some sort of motivation to get up every day, get things done, or maybe even go the extra mile.  With that said, what would you say is your biggest motivation in life?  Has it always been this way?

I have always struggled with motivation.  I'm struggling right now!  Motivation must be a mythical beast, like the unicorn, because I'm not convinced it exists.  Okay so that's not entirely true.  It does exist but some day it is really hard to find even the smallest amount of motivation to get anything done.  You know the kind of day I'm talking about, where you hear the couch and Netflix calling to you.  Sometimes I just have to succumb to the lazy but when I can't, I have my husband's help.

My husband, David, is my motivator.  We do everything together from the fun stuff to the yucky stuff.  It's a lot easier to get stuff done when you can do it with someone you enjoy.  It's still easy to feel overwhelmed and under-motivated and we combat that by making sure we set aside time to recharge our batteries and succumb to the lazy.  We plan little weekend getaways so we have that chance, and then we have something to look forward to.  The weekend getaways with David are a huge motivator for me.  It's incentive for me to get things done, so I can really enjoy the time.  It's also nice to just get away from things and have it be just the two of us.  It's those moments that make all the other stuff worth doing/getting done.

Also, coffee.  Because always coffee.

Thank you for the prompt Sometimes Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment