I had this whole post about how badly the end of 2014 left me feeling, but it made me want to scream so I decided to try again. It was a rough time, but it's over. Now is the recovery and rebuilding time. Rather than resolutions, I thought I'd post some goals. If I'm lucky enough to accomplish a goal I've listed then I'll have to blog about it. So with that, here is my list:
- Blog more. I really do feel better when I post something, even if it's just one of those form things where I share what I'm doing that moment.
- Go to the gym. I asked for a gym membership for Christmas. I need to get healthy because I want more years with my husband, my family, and my friends. Exercise is a big step in doing that.
- Bask in quality time with David. It's really easy to get bogged down with work stuff, and health stuff and just every day STUFF. I love those moments where we get away together and it's just us and we don't have to worry about all the STUFF for a day or two.
- Team up with my mom and make a quilt. I have an idea for the squares I want to sew, I just need her help in actually making the quilt-I'm not ready to dive into the quilt making myself just yet.
- Lean to do embroidery. I kind of know how, but I want to do it for real. I'd like to team up with my mom on lots of quilts and I would like to do pretty squares.
- Hang out with my sisters more. They are cool people, and there is lots of giggling involved when we all (sisters, spouses, kids) get together.
- Hang out and play games (or watch said games be played) with friends. My husband likes games. I will play some, but I'm not as into it as he is. It would be nice though to have a game night with some friends every month or two.
- Read more. I've been getting back into books, but I would like to have something that I'm reading every night. I'd be happy finishing a book a month, but I'm a fast enough reader if I was really serious I could probably finish up to 3 a month.
- Correspond more. I don't have a big friend base, those friends I do have are people that I value and believe are worth the energy it takes to maintain a friendship. I want to reach out better, or at least more than I have been. I want to write letters rather than send texts.
- Find my music. I used to be very into music. I played instruments, I listened to music all the time. It was always on, I was always listening to something. I feel like that has slipped away and I want to reclaim that again.
I think that's a pretty good start. I'm sure there are other things I'd like to work on for this year, but this will just have to do. I wish everyone success on their own goals for the coming year!