Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Blogstipated

Ugh.  I'm blogstipated.  Is that a thing or did I just make it up?  I think it's a thing.  I'm making it a thing, it's a thing.  I told my friend that earlier, that I was blogstipated.  She laughed, and told me I should blog about that.  I told her it would be short post.  But, after some thought, I guess a short post is better than no post.  So here goes, be ready for a really rambly read.

I've been trying to write a book review, because two of my goals this year are to read more and blog more.  I thought it would be a good way to show I'm doing the reading, and hopefully it would help with the blogging.  Every time I sit down to work on it I feel like I'm writing a book report.  I hated writing book reports in school.  So, there is a lot of sitting and staring at the blinking cursor and a mostly empty post page.

I'm sure part of my problem today is I am a husk of Emily.  I didn't get much sleep last night.  David is out of town for a few nights and I just could not fall asleep.  For once the house wasn't making weird noises, the cat wasn't acting strange (well, she was unusually sweet and photogenic), and I was mellow.  Ended up not falling asleep until 2 am.  I think I slept through my first alarm that went off at 5:30 am.  Maybe I rolled over and shut it off, if I did I have no memory.  I vaguely remember the second alarm going off at 6:30 am.  David called me not long after, thankfully, so then I was awake.  But I'm dragging today.  I have a bit of a lack of sleep headache, and I'm just not feeling fully functional.

our pretty girl
Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight, so I can be more complete tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your kitty is adorable! Is her name Puppy?
    When I was in school I loved book reports; I would often do them for extra credit to make up for the other assignments I would refuse (like oral presentations, blech). I love reviewing books but I have this fear that I won't sound as intelligent as all the other book reviewers out there; I read the Goodreads reviews and sometimes book reviewers are really nasty and I never want to jump into that particular fray!

    Hope you're getting the sleep you need now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! Her name is actually Riley, but we call her Puppy. There is a story in there somewhere, also we are just insane!

      I hated oral presentations too, I really hated having to read/share book reports. School was kind of torture except for the quiet reading time and the not having to interact with other students time.

      I did finally get some sleep-all is well again!

      Thanks for coming by, I've missed your posts! I hope you are well!

      Delete