Monday, March 9, 2015

Book: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant, the third and final book in the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth,  A whole new layer has been revealed, and more damage has been done to the faction system and the world Tris knew.  With Jeanine no longer in charge, the new leadership in charge is the factionless group led by Evelyn.  They want people to live as equal, factionless people.  There is another group, the Allegiant, who want to return to their former way of life.  Tris uncovers a secret that only leads to more questions and chaos between the new groups.  To find answers to these questions Tris, Four, Christina, Cara, Uriah, Tori, Peter and Caleb leave to city to see what answers lie beyond their known borders.  There is some trouble getting out of the city, but once they do they find the Bureau of Genetic Welfare.  The group learns the truth behind their society and the factions.  They were one of many projects ultimately designed to fix people's bad genes.  Bad genes were believed to be the problem with society, and to fix things they set up these experiments with the hope of raising genetically pure (GP) individuals to fix the genetic damage left behind from the purity war.  Tris is also given information about her parents (sorry, that's all I'm saying).  There is conflict within the Bureau between the GP, and the genetically damaged (GD).  Tris and Four find themselves in the midst of another rebellion, and in the process more insight on the GP/GD situation.  I want to say more, but I really don't want to give things away because it's a good read and I don't want to give anyone an excuse not to read it.

I enjoyed the book, but I did find it harder to read as we went from following Tris and her point of view, to alternating between Tris chapters and chapters following Four.  I had a hard time going back and forth between the two.  The change in point of view was distracting for me.  I don't want to say to much more about the issues I had with this book because, again, I don't want to give anything away.  Read it, and then email me and we can share thoughts.  Actually that would be super awesome, do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment