Saturday, March 28, 2015

Revisiting My 2015 Goals (Again)

I felt like it was a good time to revisit my 2015 goals (again).  I also feel like, as this year is progressing, I should add some new goals or perhaps modify some of the existing ones.  Here goes.
  • Blog More.  I'm still feeling good about this.  I'd like to be more consistent, but I'm also going to be happy with what I've been doing so far.  I'd still like to do more than book reviews, so I'll be trying to work on that more as this year unfolds.
  • Gym.  So... that's been pretty much an epic fail.  I really do need to be taking better care of myself-this is not just getting exercise and eating better.  We have been cooking more (David made this fantastic roast chicken last Sunday and a pork roast I just don't have the words for a few nights ago) which makes me feel better about what we are eating.  I also feel like I need to be taking better care of my skin.  So, I'm going to change this gym goal to a general health and wellbeing goal.  
  • Quality time with my husband.  We've been enjoying some really lovely home cooked dinners, and quality time.  We have a getaway coming up that I'm really looking forward to.  It's nice to be able to go to a place where we both are able to relax and have some really good one on one time.
  • Quilt with my mom.  This is still something I need to work on.  I need to be better at reaching out to my parents period.  I don't know why this is so hard for me, or why I have such a wall.  But I really do want to do projects with my mom and get to know her better now.
  • Embroidery/Cross-Stitching.  This actually kind of goes with the above.  Also, I need to feel less restless.  
I want to do more of this
  • Hang out with my sisters more.  We actually just had a really lovely sister weekend!  I meant to blog about it (and still may, ha ha!) but we ended up not taking may pictures.  We just hung out in the room and giggled and enjoyed each others company.  The weekend went to fast.  We need to plan some more sister time!
  • Play games/watch games with friends.  Still working on this, but do have something in the works.  
  • Read More.  I think I'm doing well with this goal, and have been reading some great stuff!
  • Correspond more.  Still need to work on this.
  • Find my music.  I've been making some progress with this, I actually should be blogging about some of that.  Coming soon I guess!
So I already modified the gym goal.  I want to add a few more.
  • De-clutter.  I need to make time and go through my stuff.  I have a lot of stuff I should just get rid of.  It's taking space and in a way it's holding me back and weighing me down.  I have to work on letting go.
  • Focus.  I have goals, now I need to focus and work on meeting those goals or making them happen.  I get overwhelmed and freaked out and I need to remind myself to step back, focus on one thing and see it through.  I can do this.
I. Can. Do. This.

No comments:

Post a Comment