Friday, May 1, 2015

Thankful

I am always thankful for my husband and the relationship we have.  He makes me feel loved and appreciated, and I do my best to make him feel the same.  Sometimes I fall short, and then I get a reminder about how lucky I am and I can't help but want to smoother him with my joy and relief that we have what we have together.

Today is one of those days.  Everything about being an adult is hard.  I'm not saying I want to be a kid again, because that had a whole other set of problems I don't miss.  And to be honest, I really like wine and booze.  David makes the best drinks, he's been making us some really lovely cucumber gimlets-to die for.  I digress.  Being an adult is hard.  Sharing every aspect of your life with another person can be hard.  But if you find the right person, it's not as hard, and it's worth the work.  Yes, there is work involved.  No one has the perfect relationship; no one is perfect.  I think it comes down to talking, listening, and not keeping secrets.  I know I can tell David anything, and I mean anything.  And he knows he can do the same.  We don't lie to each other and we don't keep secrets.

I'm not perfect, I freak out sometimes about really dumb stuff.  I get mad at irrational things.  Just because I get a little insane, irrational, and mad doesn't mean I ever stop loving David.  We are different people, we react to things differently.  It's the respect, and the love we have for one another that is our foundation.  We know how to talk through things.  We know how to give each other space and then listen when we come back together and work things out.  I should apologize more.  I should listen better.  I'm not perfect but I know David loves me and will be there for me.

I am so thankful for this relationship.  I know we can get through anything because we have each other.  Thank you David for being my partner in all things.  I'll stop there before I get too mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment